Tuesday, March 2, 2010

And that's the way the cookie crumbles

By Jennifer (Double Duty Mommy) at 4:52 PM
Well, like I said, I knew the weather yesterday wouldn't last. Middle of the night/early morning what did it do here? POUR down rain and all day it's been so windy that Makenna was literally getting pulled by the wind when she took the trash to the garbage can a little bit ago. Yes, I laughed that a 5 year old almost got taken away by the wind but still, where did the nice warm-cool sunny weather go?

So today, being what turned out to be a chill day of painting and coloring gave me some time to ponder a few things.

I am not liking where we live. It's never felt like home. It's a beautiful house, don't get me wrong but I just want to come through the door and feel that "ah" sensation. I remember when John and I got our first apartment and looking back, man, I miss that place. I don't know what it was about it. Maybe just because it was our first place together. Where we live now is a million times nicer and I'm not saying I want to go back to the small 1,059 sq foot 2 bedroom apartment we had, but I just want the feeling I had coming home.
Maybe I just need to redecorate, maybe it's just the hormones talking right now, or maybe I just actually want to move and get out of this house?

In 6 days we (& when I say "we" I of course mean I since John doesn't want to know) what the baby's gender is! I'm so excited! With Makenna I didn't know till the day before she was born, for sure, that she was a girl. I knew the whole time but it was never confirmed by a doctor or u/s.
I'm excited for being able to actually begin buying clothes and stuff for the nursery and everything else that I like to be gender specific. I'm not into the whole yellow duckies, bears or frogs thing. Sorry, I think boys should be in blue and green & girls in pink and purple most of the time, that's just me.
So believe me, the second we leave the birthing center on Monday our next stop will be Babies R Us and Target to begin our adventures of shopping. I'm not too sure if John is ready for this and I don't quite think he knows what is in store for him. He goes to the mall with me 24/7 but this will be like no regular shopping trip I can tell you that. Then I'll need to adjust our baby registries. The Babies-R-Us won't need too much adjusting if we are having a boy. Rewind back when I was just 7 weeks along we went in the store to create our registry, John to say the least went baby boy stuff crazy because he's always thought I was having a boy. Which is more so wishful thinking on his part but whatever floats his boat! I hope he's wrong and I will have to delete all that blue stuff though.
Call me selfish but I want another girl. Girls are so easy, fun and so loving. I love my daughter and I want another girl in the house so when the girls are older we can all go shopping, and have girl talk at a cafe. Plus, I like the girl name we picked out better then the boy name.
Yeah the whole, "I dont care as long as the baby is healthy" thing is in my mind, of course, what kind of mother would I be if I only loved the baby if it turned out to be a girl!? BUT, if I may pick what's the crime in wanting a certain gender?

Photobucket

1 commented:

Christa @ Little Us on March 3, 2010 at 2:15 PM said...

Sisters are so fun to have! If you are having a girl you'll just have to have another one so you can have a boy. I love my brothers and my sisters ALL 6 of then!

Post a Comment

For a giveaway: be sure to include your email address in every single entry, please!