Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

By Jennifer (Double Duty Mommy) at 3:24 PM
Christmas usually starts pretty early in this house and this year was no exception. I've been waiting weeks and weeks to put up our tree and as soon as we were done eating on Thanksgiving the tree went up.
I've been a bit busy though so last night is finally when the decorations went up. Our theme this year is Santa. Lots of reds, golds and lots of Santas. One problem though, all the ornaments are glass... yeah we didn't think that one through obviously, lol. Thankfully Kendall isn't crawling yet.


This year being Kendall's first Christmas of course we got her her own ornament! I'm not really sure what to get a 5 month old for Christmas. It is really THAT necessary to wait because really, she's not going to be opening anything or even have any idea what's going on. I think we might as well buy whatever we need and just let her play with the toys now but DH wants to wait.
We also got Makenna an ornament to match the tree theme. It's a Princess glass slipper since she's in love with everything Disney Princess. No, it's not a Santa theme but the colors match the tree. Also, Saydie has a new ornament that says "Good Dog!"

I even made our wreath pretty this year. I've normally had a store bought one that's already prettied up but this year I bought a plain one. Added little present things and I added the ribbon around it and made the bow in the middle. Yep, I didn't really think I could do it but I made that bow all by myself!!

Saydie even has a new collar to get her in the Christmas mood. Of course we can't leave her out of the Christmas spirit. Thankfully she hasn't even tried to bite at it, which DH was afraid of her doing. I'm pretty sad she's not smaller though because you better believe I'd be dressing her up! Maybe I'll get a small dog this year for Christmas so I can dress it up all the time. **HINT HINT, DH... HINT, HINT** :)

Although the living room is done I still need to decorate the rest of the house. I was watching HGTV yesterday and got some really good ideas on Christmas decorating so I'm hoping I can put some of those idea in our house. I never thought of it but they said to fill your entire house with the Christmas spirit, not just the living room (like we're guilty of doing). Put added touches into even the bathrooms and little areas you wouldn't normally think about. Add [insert your theme color here] ribbon/string around a bar of soap or of course put different towels on the bar. Maybe for the guest bedroom put a wreath above the bed with a little mint on their pillow so they feel warm and welcome. Of course they said Christmas doesn't have to be just reds and green everywhere either. The holidays can be about your favorite colors so you can do classic white with teal blues. Seeing as our theme is red and Santa of course we're going to be doing everything in red, white and golds this year.

And now.... our tree!!

Do you have any decorating tips and tricks you do year after year? I'd love to hear where you decorate in your house. Do you change themes every year like we try to do, what's your theme this year?
Photobucket

1 commented:

Mama on a Green Mission on November 28, 2010 at 7:29 PM said...

Love the dog collar! Our "theme" this year is just blue and gold if you can call that a theme! LOL We want to do red and silver next year..we mainly focus on colors but don't change every year(I'm too cheap for that! LOL) - your tree looks great!!! Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment

For a giveaway: be sure to include your email address in every single entry, please!