Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Cool Highchair - The Nook by Joovy!

By Jennifer (Double Duty Mommy) at 9:04 PM
Joovy is no stranger to DDM. If you recall my review on the Joovy Zoom 360 Stroller last year. This year I was sent the Nook Highchair to review.

A highchair is one thing every family should have to be because it solves so much unnecessary stress when it comes to feeding your little one. Joovy has definitely made using a highchair even easier.

The Joovy Nook is only 15 pounds and 43" tall so it's definitely light-weight and the perfect height for the 50 pound max weight limit (or 4 years old).

So what makes this highchair different from every other highchair? First it's the compact fold! No more leaving the highchair out in the open, taking up space when it's not even in use.
As you see you just push the sliding button over and lift up the tab in one smooth motion and the high chair is then flat! There is a separate carry handle (not pictured) to make it easier to carry around.

When it's not in use just simply store in a corner, in a closet, or under the bed if your strapped for space. I think by far the flat folding is my favorite feature but that's not all that is different about the Nook.

Joovy has also integrated a swing open tray instead of a tray the slides out. This eliminates that tiny "tray" part underneath the actual tray. This makes putting your child in and out a lot easier. No more fighting with them to get their legs in the correct areas! Kendall always fights with us when she's not in the mood to sit down. Struggling with her has come to an end since we just have to sit her down and swing the tray over, locking it in place. There is a top tray that is removable and washable to make clean up a breeze.

The Nook comes in four different colors.
  1. black and white - wipeable leatherette
  2. green and orange - machine washable fabric.
We chose the black because it's wipeable and I figured the white (even though wipeable as well) wouldn't always look white and clean.
I love how simple clean up after each meal has become. Throw the removable tray in the dishwasher and wipe the chair down - easy!
Finally the Nook comes complete with a 5-point harness so you can be sure your child is safe and secure in their chair. One strap over each shoulder, 2 separate straps that go around the waist and finally 1 strap that comes up from the crotch area to connect all the straps together neatly.

We've been loving our Nook high chair for the past few months. I think this is a chair that is great for grandparents to have at their house and it great for traveling.

The Nook retails for $129.99 (fabric) and $139.99 (leatherette).

**I was sent the product(s) free of charge by the company or PR representative. It has been used solely for the purpose of this honest review. The views are strictly 100% my own. Receiving the product did not influence me to produce a positive review**
Photobucket

6 commented:

The Scribbles on May 15, 2011 at 9:06 PM said...

I really like how flat that fold!!

The Riebeek Family on May 15, 2011 at 10:03 PM said...

Awesome I love how it folds! Get them to do a giveaway!

dailymom on May 15, 2011 at 10:20 PM said...

I love how compact this becomes! I wish I had known about it when I was looking for one for my daughter!

Desiree on May 16, 2011 at 8:07 AM said...

I need one of these!! I could really use a highchair that folds that flat!!

Sabrina B Radke on May 16, 2011 at 11:25 AM said...

Sweet! I need one!!

Meredith on June 2, 2011 at 8:42 PM said...

wow i love how compact it is..!! and totally diggin the lime green.. thats my fav color :)

Post a Comment

For a giveaway: be sure to include your email address in every single entry, please!