Monday, May 23, 2011

Spring Cleaning

By Jennifer (Double Duty Mommy) at 8:00 AM
I never keep the house dirty and in fact it's sometimes too clean in this house. Everything has it's place and when it's not in it's correct place I go into "clean attacks" as the hubby says and I just start cleaning everything and anything I can. John can't help but stand back and watch because he doesn't want to get in my way.

We all know what Spring means. Spring Cleaning. Most of us have already done our Spring Cleaning but not much of that has gone on around here. We really should go through the garage and attic and see what doesn't need to be there also.

Windows need to be cleaned, blinds taken down and washed off, the top of the cupboards wiped down and finally hiring a steam cleaner for the tile floors we have. We have a Shark steam cleaner (and I love it) but sometimes I feel the floors really need a deep deep cleaning, especially now that Kendall is crawling around.

Having a busy baby getting into everything has definitely made me want this place to be extra clean for her curious little hands. We also need to start baby proofing because as much as we knew this stage was going to happen we didn't take steps to protect any valuable things around the house or protect Kendall from getting hurt. A definitely must so we bought outlet protectors, a couple baby gates, crib side protector since she loves to chew on her crib now a days, and a few other things to help protect her.

I don't know why we waited so long to do this kind of stuff but I guess now is as good of a time as any, right?

so tell me, what do you do to really clean your house during spring time and are there any baby proofing things we absolutely need?

Photobucket

3 commented:

MommyMandi on May 23, 2011 at 10:13 PM said...

I should get on the baby proofing soon too. Lately, I have been getting on my hands and knees scrubbing the tile floors. But there is just so much of it, I don't know how long I can keep that up. A steam mop sounds great!

Meredith on May 29, 2011 at 3:38 AM said...

i wont have to baby proof for a couple months but we already bought a gate and we will def need that spongy stuff u put around our tile fireplace! also i got some baby knee pad crawlers- not very baby proofy but i know tile will hurt his lil knees..

fancygrlnancy on June 5, 2011 at 2:21 PM said...

mine has stayed baby proof with my son for the most part so it will stay that way until after baby #2.

Post a Comment

For a giveaway: be sure to include your email address in every single entry, please!