Tuesday, August 23, 2011

getting older

By Jennifer (Double Duty Mommy) at 10:54 AM
The past few days I have been just in awe of my girls. How they are learning, growing, becoming smarter, and of course getting older. Then I had the cringing thought that if they are getting older then I am getting older. That I am not happy with and now I think of better ways to take care of myself and my skin. I know I definitely want organic skincare products since I'm trying to protect my face I dont want to lather on chemicals.
Using organic skincare has a lot of other benefits too besides being safe and all natural. The products are biodegradable, it's supporting organic farming, and you're avoiding petrochemical derivatives such as synthetic colors or fragences.

To better my skin I have been trying to moisterize and keep it hydrated. Dry skin brings out your pores more and no ones likes huge visible pores all over their face. It's just been really hard for me because of the hot humid Florida weather makes my already oily face even more oily. Oil = break outs for me.
I did find some organic argan oil which is very rich in Vitamin E. This oil is ideal in protecting skin and hair from premature aging, UV exposure, and other environmental factors, plus it doesn't make me break out! Double plus!!

Other things I am definitely doing lately is trying to stay out of the sun as much. I bring an umbrella every where with me so I can always be shaded from the harsh UV rays.

So my kids get older and so am I. Now I can only take care of myself since I never cared about it when I actually should have. Better late then never, right?

1 commented:

Unknown on September 8, 2011 at 1:40 PM said...

I want to throw out all my current bottles of chemicals and trade up for simple, organic solutions. I will keep argan oil on my list.

Post a Comment

For a giveaway: be sure to include your email address in every single entry, please!