Tuesday, October 4, 2011

chicken fajitas with hillshire farm #grilledessentials #cbias

By Jennifer (Double Duty Mommy) at 4:25 PM

Recently I was sent out to make a dinner meal using the new Hillshire Farm Grilled Essentials chicken breast.
It was chicken fajita night and instead of slicing up boneless skinless chicken breast I went shopping for this easy to use chicken. I was pretty nervous especially after I read that to heat this 2-pack of chicken up you pop it into the microwave for just 60 seconds. How good could it taste right?

I found the Grilled Essentials right next to the packaged lunch meat section of my local WalMart. I wasn't sure which flavor sounded better so I grabbed both the Hardwood Smoked and the Italian Style. Other flavor options are Grilled (plain), Lemon Pepper, and Garlic & Herb. All options are just 120 calories per serving and 19 grams of protein!
Tonight I went with the Hardwood Smoked Chicken Breast
Like I said, cooking the chicken was simple. I popped it in the microwave (unopened) for 1 minute and the self ventilating packaging does the magic for you.
Do you see how juicy the chicken is?! It was seriously so moist and so flavorful. I could not believe how tasty it was.
So as you can see I sliced up some red pepper and a yellow onion. I let them sweat in a pan of EVOO and black pepper for a few minutes till the onions were caramelised and peppers were softened.

After slicing up the chicken breast add the onion and red pepper to a tortilla, top with (lots of) cheese and pico de gallo and enjoy!

Using Hillshire Farm Grilled Essentials gave me a quick and delicious meal idea for dinner (and lunch) that I will continue to use!

This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias #CBias. All opinions about the yummy chicken I tried are my own!

6 commented:

Jennifer H on October 5, 2011 at 10:45 PM said...

Looks yummy!

Whitney J. on October 6, 2011 at 1:48 PM said...

I didn't participate in this shop, but I did go out and buy some of these to try. I was SO IMPRESSED. I used them in Chicken Bowtie Alfredo. (A mixture of Italian style and Garlic&Herb). Sooo good!

Courtney B on October 6, 2011 at 7:45 PM said...

yum! looks so good! shouldn't show a pregnant person this!

vanitizebaby at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I agree with Courtney!! Now, I have to go to the store and get the ingredients to make this lol.

shakeeta_feaster@hotmail.com

lulu on October 10, 2011 at 8:16 AM said...

That looks so good, yummy yummy yummy!

Kimbuckjr on October 10, 2011 at 10:23 AM said...

Where do you find the time to make all these yummy meals/desserts, be a full-time mommy, wife, and run an awesome blog? You are a SuperHero, that's for sure! By the way, this looks VERY good! What time should I be over for dinner tonight, hee-hee-hee-hee-hee, just kidding!
@kimbuckjr

Post a Comment

For a giveaway: be sure to include your email address in every single entry, please!