Monday, November 14, 2011

Donating To A Charity

By Jennifer (Double Duty Mommy) at 10:51 PM
Yesterday I told you about how I'm pretty much scared of being berried in a blizzard and not being able to eat for days.
Now that I've been able to sit and think about it I guess I can kinda see how that is crazy talk, especially since we are in Florida. But I was talking to John about an emergency food storage and he came up with the idea of donating food to places like the Second Harvest Food Bank or something along those lines.

I think it's a great idea since we're always looking for different ways to donate to different charities and be involved in helpful campaigns.
Our next step is to find a local food bank that will take food storage type food. I know money as a donation but food storage type containers I'm not too sure about.

I read a sad statistic the other day that said in Central Florida, 47% of the members of households served by Second Harvest Food Bank are children. Many low-income families find it necessary to cut the size of their children's meals or skip meals because they cannot afford to buy enough food.

I just cannot imagine how these parents must feel by not being able to feed their children properly. I'm glad we are able to help in whatever means necessary.

Off to do more research!

1 commented:

sonyamorris (Sonya Morris) on November 28, 2011 at 12:34 PM said...

We donate monthly to our church which has a food pantry & baby corner and to the homeless shelter. There is definitely a huge need for food. It is very sad that a child has to go hungry.
sonyamorris@carolina.rr.com

Post a Comment

For a giveaway: be sure to include your email address in every single entry, please!