Friday, November 18, 2011

Help #sendCHEER to our military this holiday season @GeneralMills #CBias

By Jennifer (Double Duty Mommy) at 9:58 AM
Veteran's Day was this past week and I as much as the next person celebrated it. My dad was in the military before I was born but not a day goes by that I don't hear one of this war stories or something about the war. There are a few other family members, like my brother-in-law that were in the Marines and of course we have lots of friends that are over seas right now.
Getting involved in as many charities is something I've always loved to do and now I try to teach my daughter's the same thing.

Throughout the year I will donate the clothes my husband and I don't wear anymore as well as the clothes my daughters grow out of. Around holiday time there is Toys For Toys and Baby DJ that I donate unopened toys to for kids in need.

When I saw the new Cheerios sendCHEER campaign I knew I just had to be involved. Something as simple as a "Thank You" really does go a lot way.


So what exactly is sendCheer?

Cheerios® has teamed up with the USO to "send cheer" to military families by sending encouragement and thanks using special postcards you can cut out from specially marked Cheerios boxes. Once stamped, these pre-addressed postcards will go to the USO to be distributed by them to military families. As a result, for each card received, $1 for each card will be donated by Cheerios to the USO to help fund programs that help support the military and their families. How wonderful is that? You can do all that, just for the price of a stamp, and a few words of encouragement and thanks written! Follow the #sendcheer hashtag on Twitter to follow our participants as they shop for these specially marked boxes at their local Walmarts, and be on the look out for special displays at your local Walmart, too!

Cheerios has already donated $150,000 and will donate up to an additional $100,000 based upon the number of postcards received by November 30, 2012.

I plan on making my trip to Walmart this weekend and buying at least 10 boxes of Cheerios so I can do my part in this amazing campaign! I'll be giving some boxes away so others can get involved that may not know about it. How about you do the same and help make some families have a little more CHEER this holiday season.

You can get more information on the Cheerios Facebook page and the Walmart Facebook page, as well as follow the #sendcheer hastag on Twitter.

DISCLAIMER: This post has been compensated as part of a sponsored charitable opportunity for Collective Bias. All opinions are my own! Let's support this great cause!

6 commented:

Marianna on November 18, 2011 at 11:02 AM said...

What a great idea. I need to pick up some cheerios over the weekend so I can participate.

Jaedyn on November 18, 2011 at 1:01 PM said...

I have a baby who snacks mainly on Cheerios so this makes me happy! I'm glad I can help by buying something we already need. :)

Unknown on November 18, 2011 at 2:24 PM said...

This is a nice idea - a lot of people probably want to do something like this but aren't sure where to send it. Having it pre-addressed and ready to go makes it easy for more people to do!

Tiffany Dover on November 20, 2011 at 3:09 PM said...

This is just awesome. My husband is a vet and I wish more companies did this!

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies on November 20, 2011 at 8:48 PM said...

I love this--it's such a good idea and it's so easy, how could you NOT get involved?!

Christa @ Little Us on November 20, 2011 at 9:50 PM said...

This is such a great idea, I'm going to be on the look out for the specially marked boxes!

Post a Comment

For a giveaway: be sure to include your email address in every single entry, please!