Thursday, November 24, 2011

Wish List Shopping: Motorola Xoom #MotoCalyp #CBias

By Jennifer (Double Duty Mommy) at 11:35 AM
I have to admit, we are a pretty savvy family. We don't always have the BIGGEST and newest gadgets but we definitely try to stay up to date with the cool things coming out. We own a tablet already that is technically mine so for Christmas John has been begging for one. Actually he wants a Kindle and a Tablet to be correct.

So I decided to do some comparison shopping and research for some new tabs on the market. Did you know that Motorola made a tablet, because I didn't until recently! It's called the Motorola Xoom and you can get it a 16GB or 32GB.
I instantly noticed things I loved about the Xoom like the huge 10.1 screen, duel camera, and battery life. One thing I saw was that the Xoom has USB connectivity which is something I've never seen on a Tab. that means I John can connect his phone and upload instantly to the Tab instead of emailing them then opening and saving the pictures on the Tab (such a headache)!

The Motorola Xoom is equipped with the Android Honeycomb 3.1 so there are lots of apps to download and tons of free apps like Angry Birds and Words With Friends!

Convinced this is the Tab for my husband I headed to Best Buy to do more research and see it in person.
I saw lots of other Tabs at the store, more from brands that I had no idea made Tablets like BlackBerry.
I finally found the Xoom and it was pretty lightweight but it is thicker then my current Tab, but it's for my husband so I'm sure he won't mind. Viewing it in store I was able to see that you can have six home screens to categorize and organize applications! John is a huge organizer and loves to know exactly where his apps are so this would be perfect for him.

The Motorola Xoom comes preloaded with Google Maps, Google Movies, Gmail and Google Books! Yes Google Books so I can take care of two presents in one small package and price by purchasing the Xoom. There is no need for a book reader if I get John the Xoom! Check out my Best Buy shopping story on Google+!

So if you're in the market for a Tab then I don't think you can go wrong with the Motorola Xoom. Don't wait because right now you can get the Xoom for $499 and FREE 2-day shipping!

This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. All opinions are my own. I really am considering getting my husband a Xoom for Christmas!

7 commented:

Anonymous said...

I think this sounds good. I have heard great reviews of it too from people in person locally.

Marcie W. on November 25, 2011 at 11:27 AM said...

I'd love a tablet, but I absolutely refuse to buy one. If I win or review one, then I'm good to go. This one looks great!

Simply Being Mommy on November 26, 2011 at 2:11 PM said...

Hmmm, I've never heard of the Xoom.

Barbara's Beat on November 28, 2011 at 12:24 AM said...

I have never heard of the Xoom either

Tiffany Dover on November 28, 2011 at 9:56 PM said...

Sounds like a great tablet, thanks for sharing


lukin4spcialsum1@aol.com

Liz Mays on November 30, 2011 at 6:58 PM said...

You make me laugh. It's thicker, but it's for my husband. He won't mind. lol

Vanessa Coker said...

My husband is begging to get one of these. Thanks for the review! I think I'll let him get it ;P hahaha

Post a Comment

For a giveaway: be sure to include your email address in every single entry, please!