Tuesday, April 27, 2010

26 Weeks

By Jennifer (Double Duty Mommy) at 2:46 PM
So I missed my 25 week update. Not sure what I was thinking last week. As you may know we switched from the Birthing Center to an OB-GYN that works with one of the hospitals. We are a lot happier now so that's all that matters. It's an OB-GYN that has 3 women; 2 Dr's and 1 midwife, so I'll still get my may with how the labor and birth goes and John feels better that we're in a hospital (and honestly, I'm happier we're in a hospital too..). Other news is that I had to take my gestational diabetes test last week. Already got my results and we passed with flying colors so yay :) Me and baby are great (always knew we would be, hehe).
This week I feel like Kendall popped out more to the front and of course I'm getting bigger by the second :) Looking at my counter (on the right sidebar) I am completely freaked out that it says "about 99 days remaining". 99 DAYS! We're in the double digits now and that's sooooo exciting yet surreal.


As of last week Kendall began to hear us and she should now be able to recognize sounds like Saydie barking or even me yelling, lol. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel! She even opens and closes her eyes and is learning how to blink.

I've been getting more and more tired lately again. Breathing is something I forgot how to do without trying, and John is constantly having to tie my shoes for me already. My back has been hurting the past... week or so and I definitely not excited about that. I didn't experience any back pain with Makenna at all during my pregnancy with her so this is something very new to me.
And lastly... the leg pain! :) I DID experience this with Makenna but really not until mid-late into my 7th month so the pulling of my ligaments this early has been horrible.

--------------------------------------

-How far along? 26 weeks.

-How big is baby? Almost 2 pounds and about 14 inches!


-Weight gain/loss? 134.

-Maternity clothes? Just shirts. Just got a Bella Band because my jeans can't fit anymore. BUT to my defense I ALWAYS wore tight pants in the first place so it's not surprising that I can't wear them now.

-Stretchies? Nothing new!

-Sleep? Same ol'. She is not keeping me up (yet...)

-Best moment this week? Getting more

-Movement? 24/7 :)

-Food cravings? nothing comes to mind. Ask John... lol. I'm sure he can tell you something.

-Gender? GIRL!!

-Labor signs? None.

-Belly button in or out? Still in!! Hopefully it stays that way.

-What I miss? Being able to stand for more then 5 minutes before getting tired. Also, in those 5 minutes not having to pee 1 million times.

-What I am looking forward to? Finishing her nursery.


Photobucket

5 commented:

prophetess on April 27, 2010 at 3:11 PM said...

good luck!

Jennifer (Double Duty Mommy) on April 27, 2010 at 4:36 PM said...

Thanks so much!! :)

Lisa G on April 27, 2010 at 4:45 PM said...

I feel ya! I am right behind you! at 23 weeks. I think you have 1 more week before the start of trimester 3! Yay! Glad things are going well for you!

Mrs. Stam on April 27, 2010 at 5:53 PM said...

You look sooo cute! looks like thing are goign well with your pregnancy :-)

Admin on April 27, 2010 at 6:05 PM said...

Lookin' good mama!! I hear ya on the leg and back pain, and with the tiredness. I can't stand up for more than a few minutes before my back is aching and my butt & legs go numb. I was so excited to see the tickers showing only two digits, too!! Five weeks seems so far away, but then I see 40-some-odd days left and it feels a little closer.

Almost here!!

Post a Comment

For a giveaway: be sure to include your email address in every single entry, please!