Sounds like a joke but it's true. The San Diego weather was amazing but then I instantly got sick the moment I woke up back in Florida Monday morning. I hate my body sometimes.
|this was just half.|
the others were already packed.
Rules for BlogHer12
- Buy your ticket early. I bought my ticket late so I didn't get invited to as much as I would have liked. Plus, you can get the early bird special and other discounts if you buy early.
- Don't pack heels. Seriously, by Friday morning women were already limping all over the place just from wearing their "cute shoes" to the expo hall and parties on Thursday.
- Pack a carry on suitcase inside a huge suitcase! This is what I did and it worked amazingly! I made sure all my clothes, shoes and toiletries fit into the carry on first then I took it all out and flattened the carry on and put it inside my huge suitcase with all my stuff on top. When it came time to pack all that swag... I was in perfect shape!
- Don't ride the Pedicabs. I learned this day 1. They ripped me off!
- Prepare to walk... a lot. You're legs and feet will be on fire. Embrace it!
Met GooberMonkey at the airport Thursday mid morning and we proceeded to talk our longgggg flight to San Diego. Landed about 10 minutes late at 5:45pm. I tried to get my bag as fast as possible to make it to a party by 6 but no luck. Went to the Big Toy Book Party at 7 and it was so fun! So many amazing toys to look at and play with oh and of course, the swag was awesome! Great Christmas presents for M were picked up there.
Walked to my hotel and waited for my two roomies - MamaDweeb and Surving A Teachers Salary.
Unpacked a little then went down to the Clever Girls party since it was being hosted at my hotel so it wasn't far to walk. Arrived at the end so I barely got any swag. *tears*
My night = over at that point.
Friday started early because I had the Newbie breakfast to go to. Met some great bloggers there.
Sessions? Not so much. Went to one then left and went to the expo hall to mingle. Passed out hair bows in the halls (shhhh) and wherever else I could if someone asked about the one in my hair.
Lunch time was the best EVER! Of course that's when the #OperationGlory flash mob took place! Click on the badge on the right to watch the video if you haven't seen it yet!
After the dance I couldn't really eat so I hung out for a bit then I met with an amazing brand (more details on that later)! We ate at Pink Berry and talked business for what I think was almost 2 hours.
Later that night I hit up Cheap Sally Dance Party, Kick Of Your Heels, and the Hostess with the Mostess Wonderlandia party! Loved the swag at The Hostess with the Mostess and the bag the swag came in was this adorable insulated lunch bag! Hostess with the Mostess was at my hotel too so again I just went up stairs to drop off all my swag.
|chillin' with Darth. We are BFF's|
Around 8pm @mamadweeb and I made our way down to the Fiesta party for some delicious Mexican food but it was so damn cold outside that we ate everything so fast then practically ran back to our hotel.
@crunchyVTmommy, @mamabmy and @LittleBGCG for some breakfast by the ocean. Then I packed and made my way to the airport.
I didn't get back into Orlando till after midnight but it was a great flight with some great flight attendants so I have zero complaints.
BlogHer was a fantastic experience and I am already wanting to go back. San Diego was the best location and I hear from other people it was the best BlogHer conference EVER. This being my first I have nothing to hold it to but it was pretty great. The weather, the atmosphere, the people, the overall attitude of the conference made it grand. The weekend went by way to fast and I didn't meet as many people as I wanted to but... that's what BlogHer12 is for! I already bought my ticket so you know you will be seeing me there!