Tuesday, July 5, 2011

countdown to #blogher11

By Jennifer (Double Duty Mommy) at 6:03 PM
So the past few days have been crazy since I found out I was for sure going to BlogHer!!! Can I say that again? I'M GOING TO BLOGHER11 <-- I love the sound of that.

I've written up some posts and have them scheduled so that's one thing off my back, slightly. I still have more to write and schedule but I feel better some are done.
Yesterday I went to Plato's Closet trying to sell some of my old clothes. Apparently they lie when they say they want gently used because my impression is that they want BRAND NEW. They didn't buy one single thing from me and I brought well over 50 pieces of Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister (yes only those two brands) clothes. The reason? The tags! Yep, the tags "looked worn"! I was like, wtf, of course, they've been washed and A&F labels are thin tags so they instantly curl up after wearing them once.

So needless to say I put back the clothes I was going to purchase from them, lol.

Ha, take that.

On John's next day off we're going shopping for some better outdoor furniture. I get bored very easily with outdoor furniture and when I see something better I have to get it. We need to look for some cheap Adirondack chairs. They remind me of the beach and I instantly feel like I'm sitting pool side when I sit in one.

Awww bliss.

John suggested getting some benches. Maybe a small picnic bench for the girls and a park style bench so we can sit outside together. Definitely need to get a cushion though because they tend to be wood and I don't need my behind falling asleep while I'm trying to be comfy.

Today I got my BlogHer schedule together. I'm pretty sure I have it figured out but I'm sure up to the last second there will be some tweaking and changes made. I tried not to over schedule and I think I'll have plenty of time to walk around and check out all the booths.

The count down has begun and I'm so excited to meet everyone and make new friends!

5 commented:

Olivia on July 11, 2011 at 2:01 PM said...

Congrats! Sounds like it will be fun!

Heather Jones on July 11, 2011 at 11:29 PM said...

I might have the ability to go to blogher next year, but not this year, although we will be in San Diego 2 weeks after that for a lovely Seaworld Trip. Oh well. I will make it there one day!

Wise Owl Designs on July 12, 2011 at 12:47 PM said...

Congrats! I am sure you are going to have a blast and learn a bunch as well.

I am with you on the Adirondack chairs. I just got one and I am LOVING it! Now I need to get 2 more and I am set!

Brynn @ MommyDigger.com on July 24, 2011 at 10:14 PM said...

How fun! I wish I were going, hopefully next year! Have a great time, its right around the corner!

Unknown on September 8, 2011 at 8:17 PM said...

You should try eBay for the clothes. People love brand names they can get for a steal.

Post a Comment

For a giveaway: be sure to include your email address in every single entry, please!